Sunday, June 8, 2014

California Adventures :)

Karson's first flight
Last year Karson, my mom and I went to California to visit my uncle Nolan and his family for Memorial Day. We had such a great time that we decided to go again this year. Instead of driving for a day, we took a shot at flying with Allegiant Air from the Provo Airport. Our morning started out with our flight to LA being delayed for 4 HOURS!!! Of course they let you know an hour at a time that the flight is delayed, and keep pushing it back and pushing it back until you start wondering when they're going to decide that the flight has just been cancelled all together. Thankfully that wasn't the case, and we were at a tiny airport so we were able to go walk along the river and go to lunch while waiting.

When we got to California, Nolan, Kristen, Aiden and Regan picked us up from the airport and we went to dinner at Dave and Buster's. The kids had a blast playing on all of the different video games, When we got to Nolan's place, Karson and Regan played in the pool for awhile. Karson had so much fun swimming!

On Friday we loaded into the van and went to a cute little farm where we picked fresh strawberries and blueberries...
D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! Then we grabbed lunch at Sprouts, and had a picnic at the beach. When we got to Zuma Beach, it was overcast and a little chilly with no blue sky in sight. Eventually the clouds all burned off and it turned into a beautiful day at the ocean. We were even lucky enough to spot some dolphins!

Saturday we hit up a HUGE thrift store and found a handful of treasures. Then we went to a cute little soda shop inside a pharmacy and enjoyed some ice cream... yum! We found some more treasures at Target and went back to the house to play by the pool. I experienced Indian food for the first time and I can't say that I was disappointed. The food was amazing! We played a silly game called Quelf with the kids then went to bed.

The next day we had to go home... and Karson was finally being nice to me (he had a terrible attitude toward me the whole trip until right before we headed to the airport!). Our flight home was much better. We got a fast pass through security and our flight was on time. I went to Target and found some perfect decorations for Chloe's fiesta and then we had a BBQ with my grandparents and Adrianne. It was a nice relaxing evening. Then we headed home on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment