Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Great SLC Yoga Festival 2014

This labor day weekend I was fortunate enough to go to the Great SLC Yoga Festival, put on by Yoga For People. Last year was my first experience with this yoga festival and I loved every minute of it! This year was just as great of an experience, and I was able to share the experience with my best friend Ashley and my mom.... amazing company :)

We did yoga with our eyes closed to focus more attention inward; we painted ourselves with glow-in-the-dark paint and did yoga in a black light room (it was like a yoga dance party!!!!); we started one class running laps and doing jumping jacks to get warm, and no one could help from laughing at the unexpectedness of it; we did Bhangra Yoga again... too fun to explain; we did a calm and relaxing Yin class, and it was nothing short of amazing; there was also walking meditation, happy heart yoga, blind folded yoga (which I took as an opportunity to just lay down and nap), and a class on back bends. I learned something to incorporate into my daily life in every class and had a really good time :)

In 3 days, we did 15 hours of yoga (if you count the class we slept through... LOL). What a great weekend! We are all trying to wait patiently for Labor Day to come again.

One of my goals this year was to do more yoga, so I decided to use all of that yoga to kick off my personal 30 day yoga challenge. So wish me luck, and here we go :)

Yoga henna :)

So happy after Atma's Happy Heart Yoga and meditation :-D

Bhangra yoga with Atma... so much fun!!!
Ready for "glow-ga"


"Glow-ga" dance yoga party... that's my bright glowing orange shirt :)




No comments:

Post a Comment