Sunday, August 25, 2013

Just me and the kids at Granny's house

Every year Cris goes up to Fish Lake in Oregon with his Grandpa's friend and his cousin. They usually go the first weekend in August, but I had to work that weekend. I had the following weekend off, so Cris went on his trip and I took the kids down to Utah to celebrate my birthday with my family. We had so much fun! Granny got 2 new kittens and Karson couldn't get enough of them! He held them about 75% of the time we were there... it would have been 100% if we would have let him.

We went to the Hogle Zoo... which is undergoing some construction, but we still saw lots of cool animals. The coolest animal we saw was the polar bear. It was showing off for us by doing the backstroke in its pool haha. Chloe was so tired that she fell asleep within minutes of getting back in the car. My grandparents came over that evening with a delicious ice cream cake... mmmmm!

The next day we went up to my grandparent's cabin. My mom rented a paddleboard so we took that, a kayak and a wind surfer down to the lake until the stormy weather hit and we headed back up to the cabin for some 4-wheeling. The kids loved the 4-wheelers!

 Stand up paddleboarding!
Sunday we headed back to my parent's house and had my dad's family over for a little birthday party for me... yay for another ice cream cake! Then on Monday we went to the new rec center in Provo. They had the coolest pool ever! Inside there was a lazy river, a rock climbing wall, slides and a huge kiddie pool. Outside they had a couple bigger slides, another kiddie pool and some lap pools. We had so much fun! Chloe loved the lazy river and Karson was all over the place, just having a blast. Tuesday, we headed home :( It's always sad to leave, and Karson asked me to turn around almost the whole way home. Cris was missing us and it was our 2yr wedding anniversary, so we had to get home.


Mmmmm blueberries!




Provo Rec Center

No comments:

Post a Comment