Thursday, December 5, 2013

Count down to the holidays...

Time is flying and I can hardly keep up. I recently passed my neuroscience certification test. Preparing for that test totally consumed me. For the last couple weeks of October all I was doing was studying/stressing, so now that it's over with we are a much happier family :) I have decided I will use my bonus to go on a nice vacation with Cris to reward myself for such hard work.

Anyways...the kids are still doing well. Karson still seems to really like school, and wishes that he could have the same teacher for the rest of his school years. He lost his first tooth not too long ago, which was pretty exciting. He was going to let Cris pull it out with some floss, but that was too scary for him and ultimately he let me just pull it out with my fingers LOL. It was a fun experience for all of us.

Chloe is of course keeping us very busy. She loves attention and does almost anything she can think of to get it. I adore her! Cris on the other hand seems to be getting warn down by this "stay at home dad" thing... which is pretty understandable. By the end of my maternity leave I was pretty excited to get back to work and be involved in more adult conversations. Hopefully Cris can find a job that fits his criteria sometime soon; I get the feeling that he's getting a little stir crazy being around the house so much. But back to Chloe... she only says a couple words so far. Lately she has been saying "mama" and "dada" and "bubu" for bubbles. If we catch her in the right mood she tries to repeat what we say... like animal sounds which are always fun :) She is growing up fast.

We recently went to Utah for Thanksgiving, and I will be the first to say that Chloe is not as good of a traveler as Karson was. He used to sleep for about half of the drive and was mostly content in the car, especially after he was old enough to enjoy watching movies. Chloe cried for most of the drive and hates being in her cars eat. I worked the night before we left and decided to try to sleep in the car... which was a big mistake, but I knew that if I only slept for 2-3 hours it would be close to impossible to get out of bed and into the car for a 6 hour drive... so instead I got maybe 3 hours of crappy interrupted sleep in an uncomfortable car.  But I love to spend time with my family, so it was worth it. I got the opportunity to see my beautiful cousin Ashley who I haven't seen for about 3 years now, and I also met her new husband. We ate lots of yummy food, spent times with fun family, and just relaxed for the weekend. It was hard to come home and jump right back into work (with an extra 12hr night shift on top of it), but oh well. I love this time of year, and am looking forward to Christmas for the kiddos.


Almost to Granny's... Yay!!!

Chloe wants whatever Karson has... of course. Let the sibling rivalries begin ;-)

Swingin' around in the Planetarium in Granny and Gramps's garage

No comments:

Post a Comment